Welcome to Sideline.Live, a platform that provides a livestream and video on-demand service for paid users to access events streamed over the Internet to certain internet connected TVs, computers, mobile and other devices.
Sideline.Live is operated by Sideline App Limited NZBN
9429046668783 (“we”, “us” or “our”).
Please note that the Application is not intended for individuals under 18 years of age or such older age as is required in the country you are accessing the Services from for an individual to enter into a binding contract (“Contracting Age”). We do not knowingly collect or maintain any personal information or non-personally-identifiable information from anyone under the Contracting Age. We will immediately close and terminate any accounts that are in the name of individuals under the Contracting Age and/or delete any personal information we believe is submitted by such an individual. If you are a parent of a person under the Contracting Age and become aware that your child has provided personally-identifiable information to us, please contact us at email@example.com and you may request to exercise your access, rectification, cancellation, and/or objection rights that you may have at law
Our registered address is: SidelineApp Limited, 85a Ponsonby Road, Grey Lynn, Auckland, 1011 , New Zealand.
1.1 We may collect the following types of information about you when you access or use the Application or the Site:
- personal information, provided by you at the time you register for or subscribe to a service we provide, or otherwise when you use the Application or the Site;
- personal information, collected or obtained from third parties where you have authorised this or the information is publicly available; and
- information about the way you use the Application or the Site, interact with the content provided to you through the Application or the Site, and create content which you upload to the Application or the Site. This information is anonymised and aggregated and does not relate to or identify you personally.
1.2 We will only collect personal information that is necessary to support the services we provide to you through the Application, the Site and our business activities. This may include, but is not limited to:
- first and last names;
- physical address;
- email address;
- telephone number;
- age and/or birthdate;
- content you post or upload to the Application or the Site;
- information about content you access on the Application or the Site;
- payment data (such as credit card information);
- any other information relating to you that you provide to us through other methods (such as discussions with our customer service team);
- account activity including, but not limited to, your use of the services provided through the Application, the Site, videos watched on your account and the history of search queries;
- your interactions with the Application or the Site content including, but not limited to, features of the Application or the Site; and
- device IDs, advertising identifiers, unique identifiers, and device and software characteristics obtained from the networks and devices used to access the Application or the Site.
1.3 If you fail to provide necessary personal information when requested, this may result in certain services or functionality not being available to you.
1. Disclosure of information
We will only share your personal information with other organisations or individuals in the following limited circumstances:
- Only where we have your consent to do so, we may provide your personal information to other organisations so they can send you communications about other products, services or events.
- Where we need to disclose personal information to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or government request.
- Where the personal information is anonymised, to any other third party.
- To any other person authorised by you.
Any personal information you provide may be used for the following purposes:
- to allow you to access and utilise the Application or the Site;
- to enable and run features of the Application or the Site;
- to administer and manage the Application or the Site;
- to send you emails that you have subscribed to through your nominated email address;
- to send you alerts, through various methods including but not limited to text message, email, push notification, in relation to important information about the Application, the Site or any online profile you have with us (“Account”);
- to obtain feedback or information on the Application or the Site;
- to contact you as part of registration for an Account, or to verify your identity;
- to monitor, develop and improve the Application or the Site, and ensure that the content on the Application or the Site is presented in the most effective way;
- to conduct research related to your use of the Application or the Site;
- to investigate any complaints relating to the misuse of the Application or the Site;
- to comply with our legal obligations;
- to respond to any questions or comments you have sent to us;
- where you have agreed to us doing so, to send you promotions or information about the Application, the Site and our business and services;
- on an aggregated or anonymised basis (i.e. in a way that doesn’t identify you) to analyse and identify patterns and trends, commercialise, and use the full benefit of that analysis;
- to protect and/or enforce our legal interests, including defending any claim;
- and for any other purpose authorised by you.
We will retain your personal information for as long as you have an Account with us or you are actively using the Application, the Site, or otherwise for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collected the information.
3. Cookies and Tracking
- track traffic patterns to and from the Application or the Site, including information like the parts of the Application or the Site, and features you use, the time you spend on the different parts or features of the Application or the Site, the date, time, and length of your use of the Application or the Site;
- track your response to ads and emails;
- ensure advertising is being shown to the most appropriate person and limit the frequency of display for certain ad formats; and
- enable you to enter the Application or the Site, and use certain services without having to log in each time.
4. Third party terms
You acknowledge that we do not control the practices of content providers and other third parties connected with the Application or the Site or to whom you provide personal information through your use of the Application or the Site.
The Application or the Site may contain third party links which may not follow the same privacy policies that we adopt.
We recommend that you check any relevant privacy policies before providing your personal information to any third party.
5. Opting in and opting out
You have the option to choose not to receive certain types of communications from us. Any emails we send will always contain a link at the bottom enabling you to unsubscribe, or by amending the notification settings in your Account.
If you elect not to receive communications or ask to be removed from a mailing list, we may still send you communications where it is necessary to provide you with details of your Account (including payment related matters) or changes to the way the Application or the Site operates.
6. Holding, correcting and updating
Any personal information that you provide to us will be collected and held by us at our address provided above, and by our hosting providers (some of whom may be located outside New Zealand). If you are an individual, you have the right to access or correct personal information that we hold about you, at any time and as often as necessary. If you want to access or correct your information, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org. You also have the ability to change or update some account details at any time via the settings of your Account.
In order to protect your privacy and security, we take all reasonable steps (such as the request of a password or confirmation of certain information) to verify your identity before granting you access or allowing you to make any updates or corrections to your Account. You remain solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your password and account information at all times. We shall have no liability to you arising from the misuse of your personal information as a result of your failure to keep such information safe and confidential.
7. Security of Personal Information
We have put in place security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. As no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure, we cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit or receive through the Application or the Site. While we take precautions to minimise the related risks, these activities are conducted at your own risk.
8. More information
For information about New Zealand’s Privacy Act 2020 and how it protects the personal information of individuals in New Zealand, please visit: www.privacy.org.nz.